- Copy Protection:
- (n.) a means of circumventing various rights granted by
the Constitution so as to artificially inflate profits.
- (n.) acronym for Central Purging Unit. A device which discards or
distorts data sent to it, sometimes returning more data and sometimes merely
- (v.) to terminate a program in the usual fashion, i.e. by locking up
the computer of setting fire to the printer.
(n.) the process of such
- (n.) raw information, esp. that supplied to the central purging unit
for transformation and disposal.
- Data Base Manager:
- (n.) any fast filing system which gives misleading
Also see: menu, bug.
- (n.) a test foolishly but often believed to determine the
reason for a particular failure. Competent professionals prefer the I
Ching or phrenology.
- (adj.) of or pertaining to the fingers, esp. to counting on them.
See: Binary, Hexadecimal, Octal.
- (n.) a novel sold with software, designed to entertain the
operator during episodes of bugs or glitches.
- (n.) Acronym. a program which outputs questions given answers, putting
users in jeopardy.
- (v.) to simulate hardware glitches with software bugs.
- (n.) a program which emulates.
- (v.) to build somethign with bugs (software) or glitches
(n.) One who engineers.
- (v.) to erase irrevocably and unintentionally.
(n.) The process of
- (n.) a stack-oriented programming language written right to left and
read from bottom to top. It runs efficently on no common computers and is
written effectively by no common programmers.